It is the start of the new school year here in Japan and that means bento lunches. I quite like making homemade lunches as most store lunches are lacking in vegetables. Here are two lunches from this and last week.
- Soramame gohan – boiled fava beans (soramame 空豆) mixed with rice and topped with black sesame seeds
- Pan fried pork seasoned with herbs de provence, salt and pepper
- Peas and corn (both frozen) and edamame
- Mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes
- Soramame gohan
- Shaved beef in mushroom gravy
- edamame, mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes
- black olives and steamed broccoli
If you haven’t signed up yet, head here to join my email newsletter. You will get recipes I haven’t shared here on the blog and advanced notice about upcoming cooking classes.