As a lover of tacos, taco rice and anything Tex Mex, I had to try the Family Mart taco rice musubi sando when I saw it. How could I not? It was decent and I will definitely try to replicate it.
- The rice was seasoned with taco seasoning. It was also reasonably spicy, as advertised.
- There was taco meat and processed cheese as filling. I will use regular cheese when I make it.
- The nori was surprisingly okay with the taco flavors.
To make it:
- Mix rice with taco seasoning to taste. Taco seasoning is available at many supermarkets and import shops. You can find a recipe for it here.
- Brown some ground beef and onions, season with taco seasoning and add a bit of salsa or tomato paste.
- Spread rice in a thin layer all over a nori sheet. Spread taco meat and cheese over one half of the rice layer.
- Fold the non-topped half over the topped half. Cut to any size you desire.
- Done and done.