Back to the reason for the post. I will be hosting a Family Cupcake and Movie Afternoon at Serendipity Cafe on December 1st from one to four in the afternoon. I use the term family loosely. Any two people can be a family. So if you and a friend would like to come, you are more than welcome. Children are welcome to participate.
- November 30th, 1-4pm
- At the Serendipity Cafe, Chigasaki (map link)
- 3000 yen per family/group (children are welcome to participate)
What we will be doing
- baking two kinds of cupcakes, vanilla and chocolate
- making buttercream
- playing around with decorating six cupcakes per family/group with a Christmas theme (see the pic above for ideas)
- eating said cupcakes
- watching “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” animated version (the newer Jim Carrey version does not exist as far as I’m concerned)
What you should bring
- an apron (if you use them, I never do)
- a container to take home leftover cupcakes
- a sense of adventure
- This is not a decorating class, but a relaxed family (or non-family) event. We will be doing some simple decorating but techniques will not really be taught.
- If you lead a gluten free lifestyle you are welcome to bring a gluten free flour mix along to try to make a gluten free version of the cupcakes. Please note that we will be using wheat flour at the event so if you have a gluten allergy, you probably would not want to attend.
- We will be using eggs, soy or rice milk and flour. There will be an option to use food coloring in the icing.
If you would like to get more tips, class information and recipes that I only share in the newsletter, please sign up here.